I. General Policies:
1. We will require a valid credit card if you intend to book with us to hold your reservation (and charge it if it's under our Non-Refundable Cancellation Policy.). This card will also be listed for incidentals, should you wish to provide us with a different card for incidentals only, please inform us so through email or direct phone call.
2. All rooms and public areas inside the hotel are Non-Smoking. There are designated smoking areas outside the hotel.
3. We have the right to charge for incidentals if there are any breaches of conditions or intentional damages within our rooms.
4. Guest must be able to provide a valid government-issued photographic ID (fx. Passport, driver's license, international ID card) and valid credit card (if you have not provided one prior - direct bookings only) to be able to check into our establishment. We will not be holding/taking a deposit from the credit card - it is only to use for incidental purposes (and payment should the Guest want to use the same card).
4a. If a Guest cannot provide us with a proper valid government-issued photographic ID, a traveling companion/member of Guest's party can provide one instead.
4b. If a Guest cannot provide us with a valid credit card for incidental purposes, the Guest can alternatively provide us with a 30.000 ISK cash deposit but only if the guest is able to come back for their deposit again personally during check-out. We cannot ship/wire transfer your deposit back to you. The room must be inspected prior to the return of the cash deposit.
5. Re-booking Policy:
If you inform us within the five (5) days prior to arrival that you cannot come at your reserved dates, you can request to move the dates up to six (6) months after the initially booked dates. Please be aware that you can only re-book once, under most circumstances. We have the right to deny a re-booking. You will be charged the full amount of your re-booked reservation as soon as you confirm it. If you cannot travel due to medical reasons, please contact your travel or medical insurance provider for compensation. Re-booked reservations will be non-refundable. Please be aware that the dates of re-booking are subjected to availability. The re-booking must be confirmed by us.
6. Cancellation Policy:
Our 5 days Cancellation Policy allows you to modify or cancel for free up to 5 days prior to the day of arrival. The credit card you used to book the reservation will be charged two (2) days prior to arrival.
Our Non-Refundable Cancellation Policy: Your reservation will be non-refundable under most circumstances. There You have a 24 hours grace period after making a Non-Refundable reservation to cancel for free. You can request to modify your reservation directly with us.
1. Guest – a person with full legal capacity or an entity using the Services provided by the Service Provider in accordance with the Terms and Conditions,
2. Services – every service provided in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, particularly hotelling services within the hotel and online processing via the e-Service,
3. e-Service – internet website for placing reservations online, using the Booking System.
4. The Terms and Conditions describe the rules of the hotel and provision of accommodation services, the terms for making hotel room reservations and the terms of providing services via the internet webpage found at the address http://www.4thfloorhotel.is/. The Service Provider is the hotel operator.
5. The Guest and the Service Provider are obliged to observe the Terms and Conditions as soon as the former commences
using the services provided by the latter. The servicing process and the Guest’s stay at the hotel shall be performed in
compliance with the rules set out herein.
III. Type and range of Services on offer
1. The Service Provider offers hoteling services. The services are, in particular:
a. letting out hotel rooms,
b. complimentary breakfast services,
c. booking tours and transportation service.
2. It is possible to reserve a hotel room in the following ways:
a. via the reservation System – an interactive form published by third parties via the e-Service, making it possible to book a hotel stay in a hotel which is available through the System.
b. on the phone, using the phone number of the Service Provider published in the e-Service,
c. via e-mail using the e-mail address of the Service Provider published in the e-Service,
d. in person – at the hotel reception.
3. Payments – The e-Service gives the Guest the possibility to make online payments while booking a hotel stay, by means of the eCard service. If the reservation is made in a way other than online, the payment can be made in cash, by bank transfer or by card.
4. The Service Provider accepts the following bank cards:
a. for online payments: VISA, MasterCard, American Express,
b. for direct payment at the hotel: VISA, VISA Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, MasterCard Electronic, American Express, and cash.
5. The hotelling services offered as part of the hotel stay depends on the category and standard of the hotel. Should there be any reservations as to the quality of the services offered, the Guest is kindly requested to report them at the hotel reception during the stay, which will enable the Service Provider to react immediately.
6. As part of the hotelling service, the Service Provider ensures, in particular:
a. the Guest’s stay at the hotel;
b. professional and polite handling in all the services provided;
c. room cleaning and the rectification of technical failures during the guest’s absence, and during his/her presence only if he/she requests it;
d. effective technical service: should there be any technical failures that cannot be fixed, the hotel will take all possible steps to alleviate the inconvenience. If the failure is repaired, the Guest does not have the right to compensation.
7. Moreover, at the Guest’s request, the Service Provider offers the following additional services as part of the hotelling service:
a. complimentary breakfast at mornings following each night Guest stays in the hotel,
b. additionally paid extra breakfast for other mornings,
c. early check-in, when possible,
d. storage of luggage (Note: the hotel is not obliged to accept luggage at times outwith the Guest’s stay or items which do not bear the characteristics of personal luggage);
e. booking tours,
f. booking transportation service,
g. provision of paid room-service.
IV. Terms and Conditions of the hotel
1. A hotel room is let out for a day. The hotel day starts at 14:00 on the day of arrival and ends at 11:00 on the day of departure.
2. If, when taking a room, the Guest does not specify the duration of his/her stay it is assumed that the stay is for one day only.
3. At the Guest’s request, and only as far as it is possible, the hotel can (with an extra charge) extend the hotel „day”.
4. A request to prolong one’s stay or extend the hotel day shall be submitted by the Guest at the reception by 10:00 on
the day of the planned departure at the latest. The hotel will fulfill the request as far as it is possible.
5. Should the Guest fail to vacate the room by the required time, the Service Provider shall have the right to pack the Guest’s belongings in the presence of a 2-member committee, where one of the persons present must be the receptionist or manager of the hotel. The packed items will await collection from a deposit at the hotel reception.
6. Objects left in the hotel room after a Guest’s departure will be sent to the address indicated by the Guest – at his/her cost. In the case of lack of such instructions, the hotel retains left objects for a period of six (6) months.
7. A request to cut short one’s stay must be submitted by the Guest at the hotel reception by 18:00 on the day before the Guest’s early departure. Should this requirement not be fulfilled, the next hotel day shall be considered as used, unless it is stated otherwise in the terms of the offer accepted by the Guest.
8. The Guest may not let other persons use the room without that person having previously checked in at the reception, even during the time the Guest has already paid for.
9. Persons who are not checked-in can only be present in the hotel room between 8:00 and 21:00 having informed the hotel receptionist.
10. After check-in, the Guest ought to check the room and its furnishings and keep them intact. If the Guest observes any damage, he/she should immediately inform the hotel reception. Should the Guest fail to do so and the hotel personnel finds some damage, the Guest may be held financially responsible for that damage.
11. The Guest is liable for any damage to the hotel property caused by themselves, persons in their charge or persons visiting them.
12. The Guest is obliged to pay for his/her stay and any ordered or used services or goods before leaving the hotel, at check-out at the latest. If the bill is not settled, the Service Provider has the right to charge the Guest for all services and goods provided to him/her during the stay.
13. The Service Provider is liable for the loss or damage to items brought by the Guest onto the premises within the provisions of the Civil Code.
14. Valuables, money, and documents shall be kept in a locked safe in the hotel room, or at the reception deposit. The hotel does not accept responsibility for any valuables left elsewhere.
15. The quiet hours at the hotel are between 22:00 and 06:00.
16. The conduct of Guests and persons using the services at the hotel should be such as not to disturb the peaceful enjoyment of the stay by any other Guest. The hotel retains the right to cancel the hoteling service for any person who violates this rule. There is a smoking ban at the hotel. If the ban is not observed, the Guest may be charged a fine of 30000 ISK for each discovered violation of the ban. The Guest is also obliged to cover the cost of the emergency services which are called for automatically by the fire alarm system.
17. Each time the Guest leaves the hotel room during his/her stay, they are obliged to secure it in order to prevent third persons from entering it. When the Guest is not in the room, doors and windows must remain shut/locked.
18. In case of noticing a fire, the Guest must notify the hotel personnel as far as it is possible and move towards an exit in accordance with the evacuation route (as detailed in instructions in the room and throughout the hotel). Until the arrival of the fire brigade, the hotel personnel is responsible for the evacuation of all people from the premises.
19. Fire safety regulations forbid the use of appliances which are not part of the room equipment (e.g. heaters, electric kettles, etc.)
V. Booking the hotel room
1. It is possible to book the hotel room in the following ways:
a. through the e-System,
b. on the phone,
c. by e-mail,
d. in person at the hotel reception.
2. In order to book a room the Guest needs to accept the Terms and Conditions, provide the necessary personal details (such as name and surname, home address, time of stay, payment method) and to cover, either in full or in part, the costs of the stay – depending on the terms of a particular offer or individual arrangements. If the terms of a particular offer do not require any advance payment, the Service Provider does not guarantee the reservation of a stay. The Guest is obliged to provide complete and actual data only. The Guest understands and accepts the fact that providing illegal or false data to the Service or the Service Provider is strictly prohibited.
3. When making a reservation via the e-System, an additional condition is to confirm the fact of having made a reservation by clicking on the „Book and pay” button and then making a payment, either through the eCard system or (if this method is available) during the Guest’s stay at the hotel.
4. While processing the reservation, the Service Provider informs the Guest of:
a. the main data concerning the booking, as communicated by the Guest, and all related prices,
b. the identification details of the Service Provider,
c. the fact that a Guest who is considered a consumer does not have the right to withdraw from the hotelling service agreement.
d. additional charges related to services not included in the reservation, which the Guest may choose to order during his/her stay.
5. Having processed the booking by the e-Service or e-mail, the Service Provider shall send booking confirmation, including all information listed in point 4 (above) to the e-mail address provided by the Guest. If the booking is made on the phone or in person, the abovementioned information shall be given to the Guest while the reservation is being made or in another way, to be agreed with the Guest.
IV. Canceling the hotel room reservation
1. The cancellation of a booking made by the Guest shall be performed in the same way as the reservation process.
2. Canceling a room reservation is possible only for Standard FIT Rates till 5 days before the beginning of the booked stay unless it is stated otherwise in the terms of the particular offer.
3. Should the reservation be canceled later than the time stated in point 2 (above), or should the Guest fail to appear at the beginning of the booked stay, the Guest will be obliged to pay the reservation fee unless the reservation was made within an offer whose Terms and Conditions state otherwise.
4. The reservation fee is the amount charged for all days for all the rooms booked by the Guest unless the terms of the particular offer state otherwise. If the reservation was made as part of a non-return offer (such as HOT DEAL), the reservation fee amounts to the charge for all the unused days in all the rooms booked by the Guest as part of that stay.
5. If the cancellation is valid and correctly performed, the Service Provider will without delay return the payment made by the Guest minus the reservation fee (if that was stated in the terms of the offer which the booking concerned).
6. If the Guest cancels a Non-Refundable booking, no refund will be paid out.
VII. Liability of the Service Provider
1. The Service Provider does not bear liability for any shortcomings in the performance of duties imposed on him by the Terms and Conditions if such shortcomings were the result of circumstances beyond the Service Provider’s control despite due diligence.
2. The Service Provider is not responsible for any loss resulting from the suspension or cessation of service by the Service Provider.
3. The Service Provider does not bear responsibility for loss or damage, including lost benefits, incurred as a result of the Guests’ disregard for the Terms and Conditions or the Law.
VIII. Service Provider’s intellectual property
1. Information resources, as well as any other content of the e-Service such as texts, graphic designs, logotypes, icons, buttons or images, constitute the intellectual property of the Service Provider or entities with whom the Service Provider has previously entered into a suitable agreement with and are copyright protected under Icelandic and international law.
2. It is prohibited to copy, make copies of, or use the information, data or other content available on the e-Service or originating from it, in any other way, whether in full or in part, except in cases of fair use resulting from the provisions of the law.
1. The Guest has the right to make a complaint about any aspect of the Service or the Service Provider’s conduct which does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
2. Any complaints, containing the Guest’s details (i.e. full name, e-mail address) and a short description of the reported complaint, are to be submitted using (a) the contact form available on the main e-Service site after clicking on „Contact”, or (b) in writing to the Service Provider’s postal address.
3. The Service Provider looks into all complaints within 14 days of receipt. Should the complaint concern services provided online which cannot be investigated within 14 days, the Service Provider shall inform the Guest of the reasons for the delay and the expected duration of the process.
X. Final provisions
1. The content of the Terms and Conditions can be changed. The Guest will be informed of any changes via the internet website of the Service Provider. There will be a period of at least 14 days between the announcement of changes and their actual implementation.
2. Any disputes arising between the Service Provider and a Guest who is not a consumer will be subject to a court with jurisdiction over the area where the head office of the Service Provider is located.